The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program is available for local, eligible taxpayers at Azusa Pacific University through the Leung School of Accounting. IRS-certified student volunteers will provide free tax services through income tax return preparation with electronic filing to qualified individuals in the community.
The VITA program at APU will be held every Saturday through April 9 (with the exception of Spring Break week, March 5 and 12) from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Walk-ins are welcome. Individuals will be served on a first-come, first-serve basis.
If you are interested in receiving additional information about the tax services, contact [email protected].
What is VITA?
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) is an IRS-sponsored community program that helps low-to-moderate-income (generally annual income is no greater $70,000), persons with disabilities, the eldery, and limited English speaking families, and individuals located in Azusa and surrounding communities. The IRS-certified volunteers provide free basic income tax return preparation to qualified individuals.
What to bring to the first day of your appointment:
- Proof of identification (photo ID)
- Social Security cards for you, your spouse and dependents
- An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter may be substituted for you, your spouse, and your dependents if you do not have a Social Security number -Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
- Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R,1099-Misc) from all employers – Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- Health Insurance Exemption Certificate, if received
- A copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available
- Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit, such as a blank check
- To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms
- Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider’s tax identifying number such as their Social Security number or business Employer Identification Number
- Forms 1095-A, B and C, Health Coverage Statements
- Copies of income transcripts from IRS and state, if applicable
- To file taxes electronically for a married couple filing joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms
Where is the VITA site located?
Azusa Pacific University – Wilden Hall
901 E Alosta Ave., Azusa, CA 91702