Become A Financial Technology Professional
The H. Lavity Stoutt Community College will be offering a Financial Technology (FinTech) programme for persons interested in becoming professionals in the field.
The FinTech Training Programme is a collaborative project of the H. Lavity Stoutt Community College: Robert Mathavious Institute for Financial Services (HLSCC-RMI); the National University of Singapore (NUS): School of Computing (NUS FinTech Lab and Advanced Computing for Executives); BVI Finance, Ltd and the Government of Virgin Islands: Ministry of Education, Culture, Youth Affairs, Fisheries and Agriculture.
Minister for Education, Culture, Youth Affairs Fisheries and Agriculture, Dr. the Honourable Natalio D. Wheatley is in great support of the programme and encourages persons to enroll in the programme.
Honourable Wheatley said, “The Government has pledged to digitise services as well as the economy. In order to do so, we need a cadre of trained professionals who have the tools to transform our business practices utilising technological solutions. In the ministry we are proud to partner with HLSCC-RMI and Associate Professor (Practice) Keith B. Carter of NUS to usher in this new era in the Virgin Islands.”
The programme is designed to nurture the FinTech ecosystem in the BVI by developing a cadre of certified FinTech professionals. Students who enroll in the programme will complete a “coursework phase” that features four intensive courses on the fundamentals of FinTech, business and related programming concepts, in addition to a “project phase” that involves the practical implementation of a FinTech project in a local partnering firm.
Director of the HLSCC-RMI, Dr. Derry A. Hodge said the objectives of the BVI FinTech Training Programme are as follows:
• to support the development of the FinTech ecosystem of the BVI;
• to prepare persons for a career in FinTech or to diversify their vocational
• to provide partnering firms access to Fintech resources;
• to develop a local cadre of certified FinTech professionals.
He added that upon completion of the programme, participants will be certificated by the NUS School of Computing.
Interested persons should apply by Friday, February 25, using the link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BVI-FinTech-Application
NOTES TO EDITOR(S):
- Become a FinTech Professional Poster
- Advanced Technology Development Center hires financial…
- Kennesaw State adds financial technology master’s degree,…
- Saudi Arabia Approves Financial Technology Strategy
- Syria consents to support collaboration with Pakistan -…
- FinTech BLK Fest Brings Experts In Financial Technology To…
- Egypt's parliament to discuss new laws on non-profit…