QR codes—short for quick response codes—have seen a revival at the height of the pandemic, offering a contactless solution amid social distancing measures. Two years into the pandemic and now with more lenient guidelines, QR codes have become a mainstay in the digital lifestyle of people all around the world, thanks to a more advanced free QR code generator software online.
At the same time, a whopping 85% of adults in the US use smartphones, which QR codes use to scan. This comes as no big surprise that QR code usage increased by 96% in 2021 alone. That’s why different businesses and organizations are hopping on the trend of using QR codes to achieve success in their objectives.
If you’re only starting to explore the uses and benefits of QR codes, fret not! Check this list for the 6 best free QR code generators online this 2022.
QRTIGER is packed with customization options and support for third-party apps. It enables you to change patterns and eyes, add a logo and call-to-action, as well as choose a frame from its template library. It even supports multi-URL QR code, allowing you to customize the landing page for different locations, languages, times, and types of devices. We can say that QRTIGER has the most advanced features in our list.
Static QR codes can be generated using the free version, but dynamic QR codes can only be generated through the paid version for as low as $7 per month. The paid software also unlocks features such as QR tracking and the scanners’ device information for more comprehensive data analytics.
Why choose QRTIGER:
- Multi-language support with up to 21 available languages
- Integration with tools such as Canva, Zapier, HubSpot, and Google Analytics
- Generated password-required QR dynamic QR codes
- Grant unlimited scans and downloads even to dynamic QR codes
2. goQR. me
If you’re looking to print your QR codes on mugs, bags, or shirts, goQR.me is one of the best free QR code generators online. Simply go to Zazzle after generating the QR code and choose a print plan for your needs. A live preview is also enabled to show you in real-time what needs to be changed before saving or printing the QR code.
goQR.me allows you to generate URLs, custom texts, contacts, and locations, among others. The generated QR code can be embedded directly on your website. If you need to add your logo to these QR codes, they offer up to US$80 for a high-quality print-ready file. Nevertheless, draft quality can be generated and saved free of charge.
Why choose goQR.me:
- A straightforward website that lets you focus on generating the QR code
- Print-quality QR codes to ensure high-quality images in your items
- Integrations to different platforms to print QR codes more easily
- QR code data is all encrypted for better security online
3. QR Stuff
QR Stuff nails all the basic features that you need in a free QR code generator. The website is clutter-free, with a heavy focus on making the customer journey more streamlined. It’s straightforward, so even beginners can create a QR code for Skype, attendance, iTunes, Spotify, Facebook, Google Pay, PayPal, Bitcoin, and many more.
Most of its features are offered for free, including a dynamic QR code generator with up to 50 scans per month, as well as access to basic file types such as social media and payments. For more demanding QR code needs, a Full Suite plan costs $11.95 per month and offers full design capabilities, advanced tracking, and landing pages.
Why choose QR Stuff:
- Take advantage of their features to prevent QR code errors
- Improve responsiveness and readability of the codes with set features
- Ability to generate dynamic QR codes even on a free plan
- A range of customization features for sizes and formats
4. QR Code Generator
The user interface is one of the strongest suits of the QR Code Generator. Powered by URL shortener platform Bitly, it’s great for beginners because they can easily generate a non-editable and non-trackable QR code from their selections, including URL, vCard, Plain Text, Email, SMS, Twitter, WiFi, and Bitcoin.
Access their complete set of features for free with a 14-day free trial upon signing up for one of their plans.
PRO plans start at $5 per month, offering two dynamic QR codes with up to 10,000 scans. This works great for one-time QR code campaigns for events, activations, and displays because you can take advantage of its comprehensive features for a limited time.
Why choose QR Code Generator:
- Redirect users to a landing page, without owning a website domain
- Track the real-time performance of QR codes and apply changes as they happen
- Customize URL, thanks to easy integration with Bitly
- Collaborate among team members by assigning them their own logins
When it comes to generating QR codes for social media pages, Flowcode offers one of the most comprehensive selections including Snapchat, Twitter, TikTok, LinkedIn, Venmo, and Google Drive, among others. It prides itself on offering a free dynamic QR code generator as well as a range of customization features such as pattern, color, and theme.
What’s also great about Flowcode is that it offers solutions for different industries, making QR code generation a lot easier for beginners. For more advanced analytics, there’s CRM integration on Zapier, and Facebook Pixel integration, among others, PRO plans start at $9 per month if billed annually, or $15 if billed monthly.
Why use Flowcode:
- Free dynamic QR code generator for different solution selections
- Generate a personalized landing page through QR code links
- Live support to better manage your QR code campaigns
- Different use cases for different industries like real estate and fashion
Visualead offers QR code selections for Website URL, vCard, Facebook Page, Email, Custom Text, and more, as well as customization for animations, visual effects, and mobile landing pages. It’s also easy to use with ready integrations for different enterprise solutions.
Even on its free plan, it can launch up to three active QR code campaigns with a max of 500 scans. On the other hand, dynamic QR code generation, data analytics, and other advanced features can only be accessed through a paid plan. The basic plan starts at $7.52 per month, or $6.23 per month for annual billing.
Why use Visualead:
- 30-day money-back guarantee on all plans with no hidden signup or cancelation fees
- Create mobile-optimized content to increase leads and engagements
- QR code generation for enterprises like smart packaging and mixed reality
- Manage QR codes and data analytics in a personal dashboard space
What is the best free QR code generator online?
Truth be told, there’s no single best free QR code generator online; it all boils down to your needs. Some businesses and organizations may need more advanced customization features. Some may need easy integrations, while some may need advanced analytics. Whatever suits your needs best, then that’s the best QR code generator for you.
Make sure to try out all the free features of the best QR code generator software QRTIGER. If there’s one that stands out for your needs, then that’s the best time to pay for a subscription plan. This is more practical and guarantees better returns on investment because you’ve tested all these platforms and found one that best suits you.